If you are thinking about transferring to another college or four year program, the Advising, Career & Academic Support Center is here for you. We can help you create steps to a successful transfer. This office is home to several transfer guides and college catalogs available to students

Steps to a Successful Transfer

  • Seek advice on transfer from your academic advisor or the Advising, Career & Academic Support Center during your first semester or as soon as possible after earning 15 credits.
  • Choose the institution you wish to transfer to and your intended major as soon as possible.
  • Check the transferability of your course(s) before registration, not after.
  • Map out your course work in accordance with the recommended transfer program you and your advisor find.
  • Become familiar with Colorado’s regulations on General Education and transfer. These regulations are printed in every college’s catalog and/or student handbook.
  • Determine the transfer application and admissions procedures and deadlines of your intended transfer institution. Each institution sets its own deadlines for application, admissions, housing, financial aid and scholarships. So, the sooner you apply, the greater your options will be.
  • Be aware that courses and program requirements may change as colleges attempt to keep their program current. Please make sure you consult with your advisor or the Advising, Career & Academic Support Center frequently to see if changes have occurred in courses or program requirements of your intended program.

60/60 Transfer Agreement

Students completing an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree will have 60 credit hours of their A.A. or A.S. degree guaranteed to transfer to a public four-year school in Colorado, once they are accepted for admission. And, they should be able to finish a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree within another *60 credit hours. This is called a 60 + 60 transfer plan. A list of applicable degrees to the 60 + 60 Agreement can be found in the Course Catalog.

Articulation Agreements

Articulation agreements are official agreements between all Colorado public colleges and universities. The agreements specify the courses taught at Community Colleges that the upper division college or university will accept. After meeting the academic standards set forth in the agreement, students apply to the bachelor's program to which they plan to transfer. Participating in an articulation agreement for transfer to a college or university helps ensure that you won't have to retake successfully completed courses and earn additional credits to enter as a junior, once you transfer - unless, of course, you change your major or degree program. The Statewide Transfer Guides can be found on the Colorado Department of Higher Education Website.

Articulation Agreement Worksheets

Helpful Links

Best Colleges

If you have questions, we encourage you to contact advising at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you would like to make a formal complaint against CNCC, please do so here  

To make a formal complaint to the Colorado Department of Higher Education please visit https://highered.colorado.gov/filing-student-complaint.


Vice President of Student Services 
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Phone: (970) 675-3213

Craig-badge.jpg Advising & Retention Specialist
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Office: (970) 824-1103 


About CNCC

Colorado Northwestern is one college in two Colorado communities. Depending on what you want to study, CNCC has the perfect surroundings and facilities to meet your needs. Founded in 1962 as “Rangely College,” CNCC now serves nearly 1,600 students on two campuses, two service centers and online. Our two campuses are located in Craig and Rangely and are 90 miles apart in the mountains and canyons of Northwestern Colorado.